Saturday, August 7, 2010

WEEK 21 & 22: Chemo #5, Stadium of Fire, & "Why We Need Red Blood Cells"

June 25 & 26 were fun days. I went to Rexburg (again) for another cute niece's wedding. This time it was Stan's daughter Ashley getting married. I stayed for a couple days to hang with some of my siblings again. This time instead of sharing a bed in a motel, Cynth and I shared a bed at Russ & Maxine's house. We hung out thru Sunday since Russ & Maxine happened to be speaking in church Sunday, so we went and listened to them. They were awesome, of course!

Four days later, I was back in Rexburg for Chemo #5. Stan & Jordan came back again for some game time. Russ & Maxine also came to visit during lunch hour. Since Stan is a self-employed computer engineer, he gets to come hang as long as he wants. Russ is still a regular working-stiff as a Finanacial Director at BYU-Idaho, so he gets the typical one hour lunch. So thanks for using that to come visit, Russ! Thanks again for game time, Stan & Jordan!

Right after Chemo #5 we were off to Provo for the big 4th of July Show at BYU's LaVell Edwards Stadium. Seems like we rarely go back home after I have a Chemo. Crazy! Before we went to the show, Collin, Tiffany, Chase, his friend, Caitlin Jenne, Rich and I went to the street fair on Center Street and had some delicious food and listened to live music.
After eating, we headed to the stadium for the concert. It was a pretty great show though. Rich got (expensive) front row seats for us two and Chase and Caitlin Jenne. Why would Rich do that? Because Carrie Underwood was the headliner, and he has a slight crush! But the stadium of fire is a big show with lots of different entertainers before the Carrie concert part, then finishing up with a pretty spectacular fireworks show. So it was very cool.

I have been discovering the last few weeks why Red Blood Cells are important. My blood test at this last chemo still showed the red cell count as low. I really have a greater appreciation for the little red buggers this last month. I guess with low RBC, not enough oxygen is getting to the larger muscles in my legs to support them. (You mean I actually have muscles in these legs? Who knew?!) Walking around, particularly up stairs, or even at a gradual incline - just kills me off! My legs just burn, then turn to rubber, and I stagger around like a drunk. Holy cow - I feel like an 80 year old woman! (Course, when I see myself with my bald head, I actually think I look like an 80 year old MAN!) The fatigue has been a bit of a frustrating challenge. I'll keep taking the vitamin's & supplements.

1 comment:

  1. Lalove,

    I wanted you to know that my little fam and I are following your blog. You're awesome, and you have an awesome family as evidence. Thanks for being so strong and courageous.

    Jay, Tina, Nathan & Addie

    ReplyDelete

background