Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 4: Conrad & Jamie to the Rescue!

After having more conversations with my kids about all the decisions I need to make, my son Conrad pointed out to me he knows an Oncologist, Dr. Dickson there in Rexburg who has his own clinic. I asked Conrad to check with Dr. Dickson for ideas on where I should do surgery, etc. So, while I basically sat like a confused zombie, Conrad & Jamie went to work and made phone calls. Jamie ended up calling the Huntsman Cancer Hospital and found out who their premier Breast Cancer doctor was, and ended up making me an appointment! I was like "What!?" I didn't even know you could do that! I thought only my own doctor could make those kinds of connections down there. Suddenly I went from being clueless, confused, and basically getting nothing accomplished to having a Doctor, a plan, and an appointment. It's hard to even explain what a load that was off my shoulders! So my new motto has been "Who Needs a Personal Assistant when you've got Jamie?!" Thank you so much Conrad & Jamie! I love you guys!

Family is what it's all about!














Because of my diagnosis and upcoming surgery, Conrad & Jamie moved up the blessing of their new baby girl, Reese Catherine, to February 28. So a healthy version of me, as well as most of our family was able to be there for that. There is nothing I love more than having family get-togethers! We definitely missed Clint & Ashlie & their 4 boys, as well as Jake & Braelyn. But we had most of the clan there. Makes us old moms/grandmas happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background