Monday, December 20, 2010

WEEKS 44-47: Thanksgiving in LaGrande & Surviving School

On Wednesday, November 24, Rich and I, along with Collin, Tiffany & baby Landon, and Chase, went to LaGrande Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with my parents. The trip was a bit of an adventure. When we got up to leave, it was 5 below zero outside. The roads were snow packed and icy pretty much the whole way. We happened to get to the Burley area very close to the same time that Collin & Chase got there coming from Utah. So we connected with my cousin Ron in Twin Falls, and he and his wife Carolyn met us at a truck stop, and took Collin's car home with them so Collin, Tiffany, Landon, & Chase could snug in the pick-up, and make the rest of the trip with us. That made the long slow drive on bad roads a little easier to endure. It gave us more time to visit, even though the conditions were crummy.


We got to Mom & Dad's place at about 8 pm. They had some stew and homemade bread waiting for us. Mom already had 3 fruit pies made that were about as pretty as they get! The next day was busy with lots of cooking and preparations, and then a wonderful dinner. It has been 3 or 4 years since we've spent Thanksgiving in LaGrande, so it was nice getting to go spend a few days. Thanks Mom & Dad for all of the good food! The original plan was to come home Sunday, but a storm coming in caused us to come home Saturday instead.
On December 1 I got to go have my Herceptin IV in Butte. It was nice to get to have it a little closer to home. My good buddy Bonnie Hemmert came and visited me there. She made the hour go by so fast. Bonnie was my counselor when I was Stake Primary President. It was so fun working with her in that. I miss getting to see her, so it was fun to have her come by. Thanks Bonnie!

I managed to survive teaching 2 Block classes in a row. I gave my last final Wednesday, Dec. 15. It was definitely a bit harder than I expected. I just can't seem to get my energy level back to normal. But my students and I managed to survive it together. Sometimes I feel like surviving is all I was doing! Now I can rest up for a few days before going down to Salt Lake for my reconstruction surgery over the Christmas break. Some break, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

background