Thursday, June 10, 2010

WEEK 15 & 16: Helpers Come to My Rescue! More Hair Hits the Road.

Two days after Chemo #2 was my birthday, May 8th (Thanks to you all who sent happy birthday messages!), and the day after that was Mother's Day. Hmmmmm... not heavily celebrated events with me feeling a little yucky. But the evening of Mother's day was good anyway, because Tasha, Jake and their two little munchkins, Dalyn & Braelyn came up for the week! Yay! Even when I'm not feeling great, it's so fun to have some family around (especially grandkids!). I have quite a bit of landscaping in my yard that requires a lot of trimming and leaf blowing, and since I was starting to stress a bit on getting that done this spring, Tasha came up to do some slave labor, and do my trimming. Thanks a ton, Tash!

Then to make the week even better, Collin and Tiffany and their little cutie, Landon, came Thursday night to spend a long weekend. Collin got to help Tasha out a little bit with some of the yardwork. Even better, Tasha & Jake cleaned out my pantry and a few of my cupboards that were badly in need. They ended up throwing out quite a bit a past-dated food. That's what happens when your pantry gets too full! Old stuff hides in the back!


Another thing Tasha did for me was to give me a very short buzz job. A little traumatic, but shedding all over my clothes and into everything else was getting annoying, and I just figured it was time. Tasha got the honors (?) and Jake took pictures of the experience.

Pretty gross looking, huh?













This picture is one of the first photos taken with my new wig, since I wore it to church for the first time the next Sunday. This is me with cute little Landon (and Dalyn hiding in there too.).

Effects of Chemo #2 were a bit more severe as far as bone pain goes. I found that Ibuprofen does help some. I threw up one time, my first time doing that after Chemo. I guess once isn't bad, but I literally don't get the flu, so I never throw up, making it a very weird experience. Overall, the effects of Chemo #2 were pretty similar to Chemo #1. Not the funnest thing in the world, but definitely survivable.

1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful....with or without hair!! I truly mean that and am so in awe of who you are!!!

    ReplyDelete

background